Friday, June 12, 2009

Revies of Elf Fest 2009 pt3


After a nice and hardy lunch I decided I was going to take a nap since it was rather hot already, and I had been woken up at some unholy hour that morning. I had no sooner laid down and gotten to sleep than some band started to play over at lighting circle, which was close to where we were camped and contains the stage.  So much for taking a nap I figured and walked over to catch the band. I can’t tell you the name of the band playing as I don’t remember but I did enjoy watching them play.

 

After the band we took a nice walk around the grounds to look for friends and to see what we could see.  As we were walking back from checking out what was going on at Thunder Dome I hear someone call my name. Not the Name I go by on the sites but my Real name Sean. I turn and look and my eyes are very happy indeed because I see my dear old friend Anthony who I haven’t seen in probably 10 years.


 

We talked and got caught up a bit decided to meet up at Thunder Dome latter that night for the big drumming and dancing night. (Saturday night at Elf Fest is the Big Deal night at Thunder as for many it is there last night on site. This festival starts on a Tuesday and runs through Monday but many folks leave on Sunday.) We went back to our camp site eat some dinner and took a nap before heading out to Thunder.



I am sorry I don’t have any pictures of Thunder with the Fire blazing and folks dancing and drumming at night. There are a couple of reasons for this. First it is very rude to be taking flash pictures while people are tranceing out in dance and drumming. Second if you have ever been to festival you should know that you just don’t take pictures of folks many who are half naked. You ask first and get there consent. This is very hard to do at Thunder when you have most of the festival dancing, drumming, and just having a good time. We danced and drank the night away enjoying ourselves very much till some wee hour of the morning when we dragged our tired self’s back to the tent and crashed out for the night.

 

To be continued in part 4

 

No comments:

Post a Comment