Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Masters of Pagan Space

Greetings to everyone. Today I would like to take a few minutes to rant. The topic of the rant for today is is on line behavior on Pagan social networks. To be quite honest with you it is appalling! Mind you not everyone is a bad egg on these sites but there are so many that are. It would seem in my humble opinion that if you look at any of the Pagan social network sites that are out there it is just a handful of people with their very loud opinions running the joint. Most of the time the opinions that they give are just bad or wrong. I know of one board with a couple of Satanist (let me say right now I have no judgments for or against them in broad since they fall under paganism) really running wild with bad info. So why do the these site owners not put a stop to they name calling, the bad information that gets spread, and all the other Mickey Mouse that goes on, on lots of these sites? Are they to afraid to speak up? Do they enjoy the strife amongst their members? I wish I knew the answer to these questions. I have an online friend that wrote a blog post which was titled “It is called the Craft of the Wise not the the craft of the nice.” I think that phrase sums up how we should treat these self absorbed know it alls. Point out their mistakes they way they are so quick to point out everyone else's, and then take them to task for it. If honest respectable Pagans don’t do this who will? What will a new and younger generation of Pagans think if idiots running rampant on social network boards is all they see? I urge you the next time you run across one of these Bozo’s set them straight, as matter of fact let me know about I would be happy to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment