Sunday, February 14, 2010

Quackery

So I am up watching T.V. this morning when I see part of this infomercial by this Kevin Trudeau guy. If you have never seen this guy he is the one that sales books claiming to have the cures for everything from hang nails to acid reflux. So anyway I am getting a kick out of this fellows passion for what he does, and not believing a word that comes out of his mouth when I decide to go look him up on the net. I find this very good story that aired on 20/20 on YouTube where John Stossel basically exposes the guy for what he is, which you can see here.

Now I told you all that story so I can tell you this one. During the course of that interview they mention a web site called quackwatch.org. I am looking around the site when I come across a link to a post on Reiki which you can find it here. Now I have been a Reiki Master for many years. I know many other Reiki Masters and practitioners and can say with confidence not one of them would advocate choosing Reiki as your sole means of healing. Reiki is used as one tool in a whole health and well being approach. So when I read a article claiming that Reiki is of no benefit what so ever I get a little touchy. I wish more health professionals could look at medicine and healing as a whole body approach rather than just load a patient up on drugs without any spiritual support so to speak. Don't get me wrong there are some great health care providers out there that are able to do this. A good example of this was my X-wife's doctor, who was of Japanese decent, that always encouraged me to use Reiki on her to help with the healing process. I think all people should look at healing and do what is right and best for you. I would love to hear your comments on this please leave them for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment